mercredi 12 novembre 2014

My little french cabinet/ Mon petit vaisselier


Let me introduce you to my favorite piece since we moved into our new house. It's a little french cabinet that was forgotten in an attic for a few decades. When I saw it I realised how beautiful it could look. Like in that 80's movie when the plain secretary transforms into a bomb by letting her hair down and taking off her glasses. This cabinet only needed a bit of paint and new knobs to become the star of my dinning room.
Laissez-moi vous présenter mon meuble préféré depuis qu'on a emménagé dans notre nouvelle maison. C'est un petit vaisselier qui a été oublié dans un grenier pendant quelques décennies. Quand je l'ai vu j'ai tout de suit réalisé à quel point il pouvait être beau. Comme dans un film des années 80, quand cette quelconque secrétaire se transforme en bombe en défaisant son chignon et en enlevant ses lunettes. Ce meuble avait seulement besoin d'un coup de peinture et de nouvelles poignées.



So I lightly sanded the piece down and painted it with 2 coats of white latex paint. I lightly sanded it down again to give it a distressed look. Then I applied a coat of clear varnish to seal it. But I came upon a bleed through problem at this point. The paint job was perfect until the varnish coat which gave yellow stains. So I painted and sanded again, and this time I used 3 coats of clear wax to seal it. I painted the inside of the hutch blue and changed the knobs. These knobs are ceramic, they are hand made in germany by Knaufmanufaktur. They have an amazing selection of knobs to customize any piece.
J'ai légèrement poncé le meuble et peint deux couches de peinture latex blanche. Je l'ai de nouveau poncé pour lui donné cet aspect usé. Puis j'ai passé une couche de vernis transparent pour le protéger. Mais c'est à ce moment là que sont apparues des tâches jaunes. J'ai donc à nouveau passé une couche de peinture blanche et cette fois j'ai fini par 3 couches de cire transparente. J'ai peint l'intérieur de la vitrine en bleu et j'ai changé les poignées. Ces poignées faites main en céramiques proviennent de Knaufmanufaktur. Ils ont une belle sélection de poignées pour customiser n'importe quel meuble. 
  



I am thrilled with the result, this cabinet looks great in my dinning room, and I get to display my favorite pieces of vintage china, some wedding presents and my grand mother's champagne bucket.
Je suis ravie du résultat, ce vaisselier va à merveille dans ma salle à manger, et je peux y présenter ma vaisselle préférée, des cadeaux de mariage et le sceau à champagne de ma grand mère. 











 
Photobucket

http://minettesmaze.blogspot.fr So excited to introduce the Found & Foraged Instagram Challenge #foundforaged alongside my friends @laurairion & @kdall070! The most beautiful homes are ones that are curated over time and filled with things we've had to search high and low for, those items that have a backstory, or things we've lovingly handcrafted. Tag your finds, items you've thrifted, made, DIYd, loved, anything that you think represents the Found & Foraged lifestyle. We want to celebrate this concept of creatively decorating, dressing & living and will each regram our favorites every Saturday morning! And, if you have a blog, hop onto our Found & Foraged Linky Party each Saturday evening at 8PM CST. We can't wait to see all of your beautiful #foundforaged finds! 
WORK IT WEDNESDAY 

 
Savvy Southern StyleBy Stephanie Lynn
The Turquoise Home
Bouquet of Talent

http://www.diybydesign.blogspot.fr/
stonegableblog
The feathered nest @FrenchCountryCottage
LouLou Girls Fabulous Linky Party
missmustardseed.com
Meatloaf and Melodrama
The Dedicated House

The Dedicated House

The Dedicated House







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire